10 Facts About Sofia City You Didn’t Know
Even if you are visiting Sofia for many years, there still might be facts that you do not know about the city. Read below the most interesting of the facts we have collected for you, memorize them and impress the person you dine with next time you are in the city. Here we go!
1. Sofia is capital of Bria since 1879, which makes 137 years already.
2. Sofia is the city where three international transport corridors meet.
3. The very first telephone conversation that took place in Sofia was in 1884… the last, just as you were reading this.
4. The City Park is the oldest park of the city and it was known as Alexandrovska Garden.
5. The city was electrified on 1st November 1900.
6. The bicycles were brought to Sofia a decade after the liberation of the capital, yet the carriages were the common means of transport. The first car was introduced in Sofia in 1896.
7. The mineral springs in Sofia are 49.
8. In Sofia can be seen the oldest gold treasure in the world (more than 6 000 years old).
9. Free wireless internet is now available in many park areas of the city, including Zaimov Park, Ariana Lake, Central Market Hall, Doctor’s Garden, South Park, to name just a few.
10. The city of Sofia is abundant in small dining places and elegant restaurants, cozy cafes and trendy bars. The number of the night clubs is pretty impressive as well.